Database Administrator – REMOTE
- Minimum 5+ years of demonstrated experience as a MySQL DBA.
- Proficient in Linux shell scripting.
- Advanced knowledge of database security, installation and maintenance in a RHEL environment.
- Demonstrated experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization of MySQL database server in an enterprise setting.
- Experienced with HA and DR solutions for MySQL database server.
- Experience in an agile working environment
- Experience working in a remote team
- Quantitative projects available online (github, blog posts, etc.)
- Maintain central database uptime ideally at 100%. Every downtime occurrence is a major event if not planned in advance.
- Integrate databases with other information systems, such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, including cloud-based services.
- Develop and modify database objects such as stored procedures, triggers, views, and ad-hoc queries.
- Coordinate with the local infra team and remotely monitor and contribute to MySQL Server in an enterprise environment, including installation, configuration, jobs, backup, recovery, upgrades and schema changes.
- Do database performance analysis and tuning to ensure optimal system performance. Main areas will include sizing, throughput, scalability and dependability.
- Migrate existing databases to new databases or between database environments.
Type of job: