Senior Data Engineer – REMOTE
- Minimum 3+ years of demonstrated experience in BigData technologies such as Spark, HBase, Hive or HDFS.
- Minimum 5+ years of Java/Scala experience. Experience with Spring Framework, Kafka preferred.
- Must have a very good understanding of SQL and noSQL databases. Experience with AWS ecosystem technologies like EMR, Redshift, Kinesis Data Analytics and/or Elasticsearch highly desirable.
- In this senior level position, the candidate should have a track of making sound architectural decisions independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience in an agile working environment
- Experience working in a remote team
- Quantitative projects available online (github, blog posts, etc.)
- Development of Big data pipelines from initial requirements given by CTO, the technical team lead and a recognized domain expert.
- Should be a quick thinker and be able to provide a fast turnaround for scenarios where a minimum viable product feature is needed for a demo.
- Work with bleeding edge technologies and stay uptodate. Work on the latest tech stacks with no legacy software management requirements. Fantastic opportunity for development of technical depth and breadth as the environment is very relaxed with a great flow of brilliant ideas.
- Collaborate and contribute to the overall design and development.
Type of job: